Friday, August 23, 2019
Soft Shell Taco
Fall Spartan Night starting at 5pm
- Attention Sophomores: Jostens will be here next, Monday, Aug 26th to meet with all Sophomores about class rings. Please report to the auditorium during advisory
- Anyone who needs to be, or is having trouble with their fingerprint, needs to come down to the cafe during breakfast or in the mornings before lunch to be fingerprinted.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: Student Bank Board applications are now available. Pick up your application from Mrs. Schroeder in A21. They are due TODAY.
- The Student Bank Board is a joint project of the First Farmers State Bank of Minier and Olympia High School. Members of the Bank Board attend 6 monthly meetings at the bank. Each month a different topic is discussed. The meetings are held during lunch (provided by the Bank) and continue through fourth block.
- Students are required to dress in business attire to the meetings.
- Twelve students will be selected to serve on the bank board.
- FCA leader applications are due today by 3:30 pm to Mr. Jones in the OHS Office
- Success Club starts next week on Tuesday, August 27th. Students must have a Success Club permission slip on file to attend. Permission slips can be picked up and turned into the main office. See Mr. Jones if you have any questions.
- AUDITIONS FOR THE FALL PLAY: Materials to audition for the fall play "Little Women" are in the office. Break a leg!
- Attention students: The OHS student council is accepting At-large applications for the Fall semester. Stop by Mrs. Cooper's Room (A13) for an application if you are interested in applying. Application deadline is TODAY!
- Attention Students interested in careers in Sports and Media. The counseling office will be taking students on a field trip to Busch Stadium on September 18th for their Sports and Media Career Day event. There will be a panel discussion, college fair, and we’ll also attend the afternoon Cardinals game versus the Nationals. Tickets are $15 for the Career Day Activities, game ticket, and lunch at the ballpark. Spots are limited to 14 students. Upperclassmen and students interested in majoring in a sports or media will have first priority. Please stop by the counseling office to pick up an interest form.
- Interested in joining Scholastic Bowl? Be sure to meet in Mr. Hendricks' room, B10, during second lunch today! We'll be discussing what days to have practice, when meets will be scheduled, and what your strengths and weaknesses are! Stop by if you want to have a lot of say in the upcoming season!
- HAVE A GREAT DAY OLYMPIA!